Cookies are small text files stored on your computer, smartphone, tablet, and other devices by the web browser you use.
Cookies used by Meddy Media don’t contain personal information such as names, meaning visitors cannot be identified by them. Some cookies on our websites are set by us and some are set by advertisers delivering services on our behalf.
Controlling your cookies
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of our site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from our sites, but please be aware that restricting or deleting cookies may impact on the functionality of our sites and your ability to use them.
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control your cookies on the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (includes information for different versions of IE – mobile version: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Google Chrome:http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Blackberry: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
Meddy Media will use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies:These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into any secure areas of our site, if that feature is available.
- Analytical/performance cookies:They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. These cookies may enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and may also help us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies:These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This may enable us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies:These cookies record your visits to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
We may also share the information gathered by our cookies with third parties for advertising purposes.
Advertisements on our website can be provided by other organisations. Our advertising partners will serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to this website and our other websites.
For this to happen, our advertising partners may need to place a cookie on your computer. These cookies hold information about the computer, not personal information about you (i.e. information that’s not linked to you as an individual).
For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Please note that turning off advertising cookies won’t mean that you are not served any advertising, rather it will not be tailored to your interests.